Turmeric (Curcuma longa) is a bright yellow spice and a traditional remedy that has been used as a medicine, condiment, and flavoring since 600 BC. The rhizome (underground stem) is the part of the plant that is harvested and ground to make the spice. The key bioactive constituents found in turmeric are three kinds of curcuminoids: curcumin, demethoxyl-curcumin, and bisdemethoxyl-curcumin. All three components are structurally similar, although curcumin seems to be the most documented constituent. Curcumin and these related curcuminoids appear to affect human health through antioxidant activity and possible modulation of 5-lipo-oxygenase (LOX) and cyclo-oxygenase (COX) enzymes.*
Item Package Quantity: 1
- Includes piperine extract 95% for enhanced bioavailability
- An active ingredient is CURCUMINOIDS which is believed to have a wide range of good effects on health
- Protects From Oxidative Damage
- Designed to act as a powerful anti-inflammatory
- Non-GMO, Gluten-free, 60 veg servings, Made In India (Indian turmeric extract).